Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thank you Prof. Murali

A few days after I wrote the letter to (Late) Prof. Veeraraghavan and was wondering how to deliver it to him, Prof. Muraleedharan called me up and asked me to speak at the condolence meeting of Prof. Veeraraghavan. In a way, I felt it was a godsend, since by reading out this letter at a meeting of so many good people who have known and liked him, I felt that I have delivered the letter to the late professor himself. In that meeting, when many people spoke about his life's various aspects, I got to know so much more about him and my respect and admiration for him grew even more. Rather than mourn his death, we should remember his illustrious life. I hope this institute keeps alive the memory of this exceptional soul in some form. It is said that people die young because God loves them so much and wants them back. In this case, I think God was jealous of leaving such a person as Prof. Veeraraghavan in our midst, that he took him back early.

No comments: